Food and Weather
Welcome to the thematic guide on the relationship between food and weather. The guide contains Background or External Information, and Primary Sources depicting this relationship in textual (often newspapers) and graphic format (often photographs).
To learn more about the resources listed here, please click the external links or images provided to be sent to their institutional pages.
* These sources are unfortunately behind a paywall.
- Vennor's Weather Bulletin, Weather and Prices, April 1882
- Vennor's Weather Bulletin, Our August "Cold Wave", October 1882
- Vennor's Weather Bulletin, How to Secure Vast Crops, October 1882
- The Gazette, Bonsecours Market, July 7 1897, p.7
- The Gazette, Hides and Tallow, July 20 1894, p. 7*
- The Gazette, Produce, June 6 1895, p.7*
- The Gazette, Bonsecours Retail Market, June 6 1895, p. 7*
DISCLAIMER: The information provided by DRAW on this page is for general informational purposes only. DRAW does not claim to hold ownership or copyright to the texts or images shown and instead aims to act as a portal for further discovery.