Welcome to the thematic guide on advertisements. The guide contains Background or External Information, and Primary Sources depicting in textual format (often newspapers).
To learn more about the resources listed here, please click on the external links or images provided to be sent to their institutional pages.
* These sources are unfortunately behind a paywall.
- Vintage Ad Browser
- List of Historical Advertisement Databases, Walsh University, December 20 2016
- "History of advertising", Wikipedia
- Vennor's Weather Bulletin, Hearn & Harrisons Thermometer, April 1882
- The Gazette, "The goods you would choose to wear made waterproof", September 24 1895, p.4*
- The Gazette, Canadian Rubber Co., February 9 1895, p.1*
- The Gazette, "Don't be Bilious", September 10 1898, p.8*
- The Gazette, "For Sick Children" (heat & sickness), July 26 1892, p.1 *
- The Canadian Illustrated News, "Clouds and Sunshine" [cover], March 4 1871
- The Gazette, Snow shovels, February 9 1895, p.1*
DISCLAIMER: The information provided by DRAW on this page is for general informational purposes only. DRAW does not claim to hold ownership or copyright to the texts or images shown and instead aims to act as a portal for further discovery.